$40 per person
Saturday, April 27th, 1:00 - 3:30 pm
Giving Great Voice: The Art of Verbal Communication
Workshop with voiceover artist Tasia Valenza
Even in the day and age of texting, tweeting, and emailing, your voice is still your most powerful communication tool... if you know how to use it effectively.
Do you want to shine in a job interview, social setting, or public speaking?
Do you have a hard time speaking up for yourself and would like to gain more confidence?
Do you find that you "speak" harshly to yourself and want a more positive mindset?
Tasia Valenza brings her unique, playful program and experience as an Emmy-nominated actress, professional voiceover artist and confidence coach to teach you how to Give Great Voice. In addition to coaching groups and individuals, Tasia is the co-creator of the Haven affirmation app, which provides free guided affirmations, reminding us that how we speak to ourselves is the most important of all.
In this 2.5-hour class, you’ll learn what it means to “Give Great Voice” by understanding your magnificent, multi-faceted self, a.k.a. your “roles,” and how to play them more successfully. You'll learn the secrets of how to master confident verbal communication skills that you can take with you into all areas of your life.
In the Giving Great Voice Workshop, Tasia will cover:
- How we speak to ourselves and how to turn our negative self-talk into affirmative speech
- How to gain more confidence in public and private speaking
- Getting a chance to work on your own presentation
- Fun exercises to practice Giving Great Voice
Who can benefit from Giving Great Voice?
• Do you become anxious when speaking to someone of authority? Like asking for a raise or promotion?
• Do you want to shine in a job interview, social setting, or public speaking?
• Do you feel like others misunderstand what you’re saying or that your message isn’t landing?
• Do you have a hard time speaking up for yourself and would like to gain more confidence?
• Are you self-conscious of your voice and the way you sound?
• Do you want to be able to use your voice to inspire and motivate?
• Do you find that you "speak" harshly to yourself and need support developing a more positive mindset?
• Have you found yourself deferring to texting more than talking?
What would you like to say, and who would you like to say it to? Speak your truth.