1. Why do you practice yoga, what does it represent to you, and/or what impact does it have on your life?
I practice yoga because, no matter what, I leave every class having grown in body, mind and spirit. Every part of my body and mind is tested during yoga and I walk away from each class having shifted something deep inside. These small shifts add up to a different approach to life, a healthier and more mindful one, whether I am aware of it or not. It's a really beautiful thing.
2. What's your favorite pose and why?
My favorite pose is King Dancer because I feel powerful and soft at the same time. It uses each part of the body and comes together to create a beautiful expression of power, strength, flexibility and grace all at once.
3. What's your favorite thing about practicing at SoulPlay?
My favorite thing about practicing at SoulPlay is all of the natural light, the music and the amazing instructors who run beautiful sequences that never fail to challenge me and invite me to take a step forward.
4. What is your "aha moment" or most memorable yoga experience?
My "aha" moment with yoga occurred when I realized that I should try the peak pose or poses that seem out of reach for me no matter what – because more often than not I have more strength than I think I do and can do them or get closer than I would've thought.
5. 3 words that describe you?
Empathic, creative, driven