1. Why do you practice yoga, what does it represent to you, and/or what impact does it have on your life?
I started practicing because I was getting a great workout. I have continued to practice because I realized that yoga was helping me to be more mindful in everyday life and that has been a true gift.
2. What's your favorite pose and why?
Anything that starts with “supta”.
[supta = lying down, reclining]
3. What's your favorite thing about practicing at SoulPlay?
Location, location, location. I also love the Zen feeling I get after Tasha’s classes and the burn I feel after Lizzy’s.
4. What is your "aha moment" or most memorable yoga experience?
When I was pregnant my yoga teacher said “your longest contraction will only last about a minute. Just let it come and let it go like we do when we hold uncomfortable poses in class.” During labor, I repeated the phrase ‘it will only hurt for a minute, just let it come and then let it go.’ In those hours, I came to understand how powerful the mind-body connection is. Without yoga, I’m not sure that I would have been able to tune into myself and have such a wonderful birth experience.
5. 3 words that describe you?
Adventurous, energetic, efficient