1. What impact has yoga had on your life?
A year and a half ago I quit drinking and moved to California. I knew very few people here, so practicing yoga merely started off as a way to get out of the house. I had no idea how transformative it would be. It can be challenging and uncomfortable, but through yoga I have learned to be familiar with the unfamiliar.
2. What's your favorite pose and why?
Right now it's Warrior III! I feel strong and love when I find that sweet spot where it just clicks and I feel like I'm flying.
3. What's your favorite thing about practicing at SoulPlay?
The welcoming environment and thoughtful staff. And the variety of classes; there's something for everyone. Also, kudos to the instructors because they always have the best playlists and I get introduced to a lot of new music :)
4. What's been your biggest takeaway from yoga?
I always feel grounded when I practice yoga. I try to incorporate that and the other lessons I learn into my everyday life outside the yoga studio.
5. If you could be a jelly bean flavor, which one & why?
Watermelon-Lemonade. I'm a July baby and those two flavors represent summer to me.