1. Why do you practice yoga, what does it represent to you, and/or what impact does it have on your life?
Yoga is self-care for me. I work long hours at a desk job and I started doing yoga to build strength and address chronic pain. I do something active every day and I intersperse Yoga with my Crossfit and hiking routine to keep my muscles/joints strong, stretched and flexible. Yoga has such a big positive impact on my physical and mental well-being that I can't imagine not being able to practice it.
2. What's your favorite pose and why?
Downward dog is my favorite pose. It's simple and great for stretching out the lower back.
3. What's your favorite thing about practicing at SoulPlay?
I love practicing yoga at SoulPlay because there's a great variety of classes, the teachers are caring & knowledgeable and there are lots of times to choose from!
4. What is your "aha moment" or most memorable yoga experience?
My most memorable moments are when I realized I could do a pose that I couldn't do before. To me, that means my body is getting stronger with practice. It was personally really satisfying when I realized I could do a full bind, plow and wheel. Crow is my next goal!
5. If you were a jelly bean, what would be your flavor?
Is there a rainbow jelly bean? I like my life to be full of color. 🌈😊